In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Thank you for agreeing to serve as a Team Captain for the 13th Annual Stop the Silence Walk!
Sisters Network® Inc. (SNI) was founded in 1994 by Karen Eubanks Jackson, 29-year and four-time Breast Cancer Survivor. Today, SNI is the largest and only national Black breast cancer survivorship organization in the United States.
A portion of the funds raised from the Stop the Silence 5k Walk/Run help support the Breast Cancer Assistance Program each year. BCAP is open in the Spring and Fall.
By taking the actions that are listed below, you will be well on your way to building a successful team!
1. Register Your Team
You can register your team here
• After registering, personalize your team and personal page with a special photo, and your story.
• Be intentional. Set a goal for your number of team members and a fundraising goal. Post both goals to your Team page.
• Everyone is busy, so share your story of “why” you’re involved with Stop the Silence Walk on your personal page and on your team page. Also share your “why” in your social media and email.
• Share your progress toward your goal for number of team members and your progress toward your fundraising goal. Friends, family, and colleagues want you to be successful and they will help you to reach your stated goal!
• Engage leadership in your workplace. Invite them to join your team and have them publicize having done so. Ask them to provide an incentive to help you to motivate your team.
• Challenge team members to invite their family and friends to walk and donate.
• Encourage each team member to fundraise.
• Create a competition within your team and offer a fun prize!
• Recognize each new team member and make them feel special.
• Send emails to your entire team and highlight achievements of team members.
• Create team signs for members to print and hold as they walk, or create a team t-shirt.
• Celebrate your team via Zoom! Take a team photo of the screen. Post to social media. https://www.facebook.com/sistersnetworkinc., #stopthesilencewalk2023.
5. Use your Social Media
Step 1: Register as an INDIVIDUAL participant.
Step 2: After your page is complete, connect to Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon FROM your Walk page. Set up a Facebook Fundraiser, and your donations will show on your Walk, Rock and Run page. Ask all of your Facebook friends to join and donate. #stopthesilencewalk2023
Step 3: Tweet links to your fundraising page before the Walk, and tweet photos from the event. #stopthesilencewalk2023
Step 4: Post a link to your fundraising page and ask your LinkedIn followers to donate and/or join your team.
Team Captain Resources
View Race Groups - view number of members from our website
Online Registration Instructions - how to register and join a team
How to Invite Others to Your Team - pdf instructions
Registration FAQS - invite team members, add registered participants to your team
View Donations - how to view fundraising donations
Become a Fundraiser - how to become a fundraiser or create a team fundraiser after registration